3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 12:59 PM by santanu4ver

Expecting an official answer about the availability of rx 5xx. A lot of dissapointed customers...

giorgosd

Why i can't find any rx580 cards available???? (I know the reason but I CANT accept it) I was building my amd gaming pc for months and now thats the reward...Also some "suppliers" in my country sell those cards 500-600$ so be sure that this will destroy your reputation on gaming users. Im sorry to tell you but im extremely pissed off. Although I don't want this, I will wait for another week and if i will not find an rx580 card on msrp , i will go for the gtx 1060 or 1070.. A lot of people I know have the same problem too. We want to give you our money and you don't want!! A good company would increase their productivity. Why you don't you do the same? I expect an official answer from AMD to see what I will do next.

Thanks,

an old user since AMD Athlon x64

• Re: Expecting an official answer about the availability of rx 5xx. A lot of dissapointed customers...
          whiskey-foxtrot

Not sure if you'll receive an official response from AMD in regards to availability - but here's one thing to think about:

A lot of folks have jumped (yet again) on the mining craze in the hopes of making a quick buck. For those who have been mining for years can easily shift their resources/infrastructure around to add banks after banks of GPUs; but I'm willing to bet (I dont' have the rough numbers, simply basing this off of my own experience on the subject) that the majority of purchasers were individuals setting up "rigs". The sad thing is that at least 80% of them will not see a positive return as they simply got in too late with too little - so pay attention to the reused market getting flooded soon. I say soon, because as the network/difficulty increases (this happens every 2 or 3 weeks), the profits decrease unless they can add MORE miners to compensate. Chances are that over 90% of the above will not be able to do it and opt to simply resell to cash in before the market stabilizes again to where it was a few month ago. Yes, other coins will keep popping up, but they will not be as profitable unless big exchanges (like Coinbase) officially adopts them like they did with Ethereum and Litecoin.

In a way the timing is just right for Vega RX to be released - you should start to see more Rx 4/5xx's at vendors (or used - be careful!) around that time. I would advise you to wait for Rx Vega unless a Gtx 1060/70 will be all you would ever need.

• Re: Expecting an official answer about the availability of rx 5xx. A lot of dissapointed customers...
            rebelyell

dunno but in 2 clicks i found asus geforce gtx 1080ti overclocked 11gb rog gpu. limit 2 per household. pick up only. so go to asus.com and look at micro center and find your store  nearby and pick up one or 2 . they are pick up only. comes with free game (destiny 2) ... heh shrugs :/ ...

also contacting amd wont help.. if radeon makes the board and then sends that to a dozen different companies for a cooler to be put on and maybe a little oc tweak. sapphire,msi,xfx, blah blah.. sapphire has best amd cards anyway top notch coolers and back plates ect.

santanu4ver

whiskey-foxtrot But who can say they won't jump when Vega out and sweep out the market again! Can AMD ensure that, I don't think so! But AMD should take extra care now to ensure this problem area if they're really care about gamers! I don't know how but it's gamers who are effected much. I need only 1 and now there's no stock. This is insane! Dmn miners! AMD please please please, restock RX 580 again, I need only 1.

1 of 1 people found this helpful