This content has been marked as final. Show 2 replies
Hi! Same question, except that what it's "replaced by" is an older AMD driver (which is what I had installed before trying to update -- as opposed to the Microsoft one)
My "essential information":
- APU and Graphics card: AMD A4-6210 APU with AMD Radeon R3 Graphics
- Desktop or Laptop System: HP 15 TS Notebook PC
- OS: Windows 8.1 (64 bit)
- Driver version: AMD Radeon(TM) R3 Graphics 13.351.1105.1001, but trying to update to 21.19.407.0 (that's the problem!)
- Display device: 15.6-inch diagonal HD WLED-backlit Display (1366x768) Touchscreen
- Power Supply: 3-cell 31WHr Lithium-ion Battery
- RAM: 8GB
- Detailed description and Steps:
- Go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/notebook-apu-drivers.aspx#a4, and scroll down to A4-6210. Click the windows 8.1 64-bit installer
- Download the Minimal Setup (version 16.50.2011) -- I presume the autodetect Seneka performed does steps 1 and 2
- Run it and wait
- It doesn't matter if you select Express install or Custom Install. If you just select "Display Driver", a "Settings" driver will be automatically selected
- It doesn't matter if you click "install" or "clean install"
- Wait like an idiot. If asked to reboot, do so
- You will get a message that the driver's been only "Partially installed"
- Click "View log". A browser window will open.
- Scroll down to Display Driver. It will be the only one that says "Fail". Clicking it brings to a header that reads "Error messages" There is nothing below it (page ends)
- Try again with different options selected in steps 4 and 5. As long as the display driver is one of the ones you're trying to install, you will get the same result.
- Applications affected: Transport Fever (game released last fall) is incompatible with version 13.351.1105.1001 according to Steam Support
- Graphical settings in game: Low