5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 27, 2017 6:22 AM by wyrinn

R9 295X2 Eyefinity Reboot Cycle

wyrinn

So i had chocked this up to my old system. But i just finished building my Ryzen 5 system. So i can now eliminate everything but the video card (fresh version of windows, drivers only, no av software enabled.) And its hard to explain so a video is worth a thousand words.

When i enable Eyefinity the card flips out. it will enter a endless reboot cycle until i pull one of the three monitors. But if i plug that monitor back in after it starts again. The only way to fix it after (and get it back to normal multi monitor) is to clean wipe the driver and reinstall

The video card is a R9 295X2, and in case anyone is wondering its pared with a AMD recommended power supply (1600 watts with the cables in correct rail configuration)

I bout the video card a long time ago with the intention to run a tri monitor system like this, and i have successfully in the past, but this issue keeps cropping its head over and over again and i have no idea

Any help would be appreciated please. Its driving me mental

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: R9 295X2 looses its mind enabling Eyefinity
          wyrinn

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
            • M295x2
          • Desktop or Laptop System
            • Desktop Custom
          • Operating System
            • Windows 10 64bit
          • Driver version installed
          • Display Devices
            • 3 Identical LC24f390FHNXZA Samsung Monitors. 3 MiniDV to HDMI Adapters
          • Motherboard
            • ASRock X370
          • CPU/APU
            • Ryzen 5 1600
          • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
            • Can not be accessed without removal of entire system. Unit is a 1600Watt unit recomended by AMD for system
          • RAM
            • 16GB

Describe your issue:

So i had chocked this up to my old system. But i just finished building my Ryzen 5 system. So i can now eliminate everything but the video card (fresh version of windows, drivers only, no av software enabled.) And its hard to explain so a video is worth a thousand words.

When i enable Eyefinity the card flips out. it will enter a endless reboot cycle until i pull one of the three monitors. But if i plug that monitor back in after it starts again. The only way to fix it after (and get it back to normal multi monitor) is to clean wipe the driver and reinstall

The video card is a R9 295X2, and in case anyone is wondering its pared with a AMD recommended power supply (1600 watts with the cables in correct rail configuration)

I bout the video card a long time ago with the intention to run a tri monitor system like this, and i have successfully in the past, but this issue keeps cropping its head over and over again and i have no idea

Any help would be appreciated please. Its driving me mental

• Re: R9 295X2 looses its mind enabling Eyefinity
            wyrinn

So ive got it working but darned if i know how. I did the update to 17.6.2 first, that did not work. Reinstalled again, then fiddled with things. Eventualy i disabled freesync monitor side on the two monitors that read it (Display 3 does not read as capable. ever, always says DVI-D. Can switch the cables around and then that one will say capable and another will go to dvi-d, so its not the monitor. Have also tried swaping cables after that physicaly and will maintain the error on the new monitor positions. So equaly not the cable but i digress). Then set gpu scaling to on and scaling full pannel. This worked, then i was able to turn gpu scaling back off. (Genuinely not sure what is better) but it stabilized at this point. I'm not sure if its anything i did or if its just random.