1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 10, 2017 7:57 AM by kingfish

Catalyst Control Center Prompts Driver Update For RADEON HD 6410D

gongasx

My system:

AMD Graphics Card

• AMD RADEON HD 6410D
        • Desktop
        • Windows 10 64bit
        • AMD Catalyst 15.201.1151-150821a-184724E (actual )

Motherboard

• Asus CM1740-8

APU -

• AMD A4-3420 APU with Radeon (tm) HD Graphics

Ram -

• 4GB

My issue:

My catalyst control center says that there's a new driver version ( 17.10.1731-170424a2 ) but when I try to install an error occurs (182)

PS : I don't understand much of drivers and etc :/

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Can't install the new driver version! help
          kingfish

You should ignore any notice from AMD about new drivers. Your APU must use the drivers furnished by Microsoft....not from the AMD site.

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

"The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
          • AMD E2-2000 APU
          • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
          • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
          • AMD C-Series APUs
          • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver. If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
          2. Reboot the system
          3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU."
          1 of 1 people found this helpful