FX-9830P 16.6 AMD Radeon Settings Crash

gabrielcarlom_

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • AMD R7 Graphics
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • (Laptop) Asus FX550I
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 Home Single Language (64-bit)
      • Driver Version Installed
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6
      • Processor
        • AMD FX-9830P RADEON R7, 12 COMPUTE CORES 4C+8G (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
      • RAM
        • 4096MB RAM
      • DirectX Version:
        • DirectX 12

Okay guys, so I kinda need your help on this one. This is actually my very first time handling AMD drivers and what not, so please bear with me

Anyway, here's my problem. Whenever I try to update my drivers using Radeon Settings, I'm able to find updates and it shows me the update for the latest driver which is 17.4.4 (something like that) so I try to update it, but whenever I install the update and try to restart my laptop, the program crashes so I would have to restart my laptop manually. And upon rebooting the laptop, it will say that there is no AMD graphics driver that is detected. So in a nutshell, I am unable to update my drivers to the latest update. Oh and also, whenever I try to open the tab "Display" in Radeon Settings, the program crashes. And that always happens, always.

I'll be providing screenshots of my system, the errors, and my current versions of my drivers and what not.

Hoping for your kind consideration and help guys. Thank you!

P.S.

This laptop isn't even three weeks old. So I would really love if someone can help me out to resolve this.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.