AnsweredAssumed Answered

overheating FX-8350

Question asked by sootcoot on Jun 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 by rebelyell

As the summer came I started getting warnings while playing Playerunknown Battlegrounds and when opening unreal engine 4 that my cpu was hitting 65-70 C. Stock cooler has cut it so far but it clearly showed me it was time for a upgrade. Unfortunatly the new cooler dont cool my cpu enough, it seems to even be worse than stock cooler. Trying several solutions to fix it im now out of ideas. Fearing that the cooler is too weak or that my psu are breaking down.

Ive made sure that the cooler is correctly installed with correct amount of thermal paste (bean/droplet). The case has three 220x220 mm case fans (front, side, top) and one 120x120 mm fan (back), so i doubt its airflow issues. Ive cleaned everything to be dust free. At idle cpu is running around 30 C, but as soon i play anything it quickly reaches 60 C and if I play something heavy it goes into 70-85 C and around 5-10 minutes later my pc shutdown.

Ive had the cpu and mobo in around a year, psu is atleast 5 years old. I wonder if it is that ive bought a too weak cooler? or if someone can guide me to another solution.

New cooler is Cryorig H7.

PC specs are:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 Black Edition @ 4.0 Ghz

RAM: HyperX Fury 2x4GB DDR3 1600 MHz/s

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3Gb GDDR5

Mobo: Asus M5A97 R2.0,socket AM3+

HDD: HyperX Fury SSD 120GB

Secondary HDD: Seagate SSHD 2TB

PSU: Silver Power SP-SS500 500W

NIC: Intel Pro/1000CT PCIe Desktop Adapter

Case: CM Storm Sniper Black Edition

Outcomes