I am experiencing a bluescreen issue with all drivers after 17.3.3. The issue occurs frequently and what appears to be randomly when the machine is left idle on the Windows desktop. The issue can also be reproduced by launching any application that seemingly calls the secondary card into operation. The BSOD exception that is thrown is, "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER".
Disabling CrossFire does not alleviate the problem. If I disable the secondary card in device manager the issue does not occur and I can use any of the drivers newer than 17.3.3 with a single card.
I can use both cards enabled in device manager with CrossFire enabled without this issue occurring on driver 17.3.3.
I suspect that it is the changes in power management from driver 17.4.1 onward. Disabling ULPS does not help either.
- AMD Graphics Card
- 2x Radeon 7970M
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Laptop - Alienware M17X R2
- Operating System
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit
- Driver version installed
- non-whql-win10-64bit-radeon-software-crimson-16.9.1-sep7 or newer
- Display Devices
- Samsung 170CT, Hardware ID: Monitor\SEC5443 [DELL P/N: J2CY8], default laptop display, 1920x1200 60hz
- Default Alienware M17x R2 motherboard with Intel PM55 chipset
- Intel Core i7 920XM
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Dell 300W external Laptop PSU
- 2 x 4GB Samsung DDR3