AnsweredAssumed Answered

17.4.3 - 17.5.2 - Sapphire RX580 nitro+ LE Crashing In Games

Question asked by puchiii on Jun 7, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 9, 2017 by whiskey-foxtrot

Hello,

I bought a SAPPHIRE RX 580 NITRO+ Limited Edition. The problem is that im having constant crashes on many game, especially the ones that stress the GPU a bit.

For example, Final fantasy crashs at 10 or 15 minutes. Overwatch the same, maybe a little bit longer. The only game i can play flawlessly is League of Legend.

I can pass the furmark bench, but crashes in the Post-FX option (P).

What makes it even more strange is that this crashes happens only (or way more often, need more testing) on boost bios mode (1450 mhz). On silent bios (1411 Mhz), it works fine.

Whats happens on both Bios Modes is the insane flickering while im at the wattman menu. Dont know if this is ussual.

My PSU is Seagate 620w 80+ Bronze

I7 950.

Asus P6x58d-e

Windows 10, last update.

17.4.3 currently.

This i tried:

Clean installing different drivers, including the last ones 17.5.2. Using DDU to uninstall.

Clean install windows 7 and windows 10.

Most of all i want to know if you guys think this may be a problem with the card or maybe some weird compatibility issue with my old mother, drivers or whatever.

Thanks

Sorry for my english, im from Argentina and thats the reason i would like to avoid the RMA, its takes like a month.

Alejandro

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes