Sorry about the problem you're having bud, but I myself and others as well are getting problems left and right. Mine has the resolution grayed out from the Display properties in windows, thus preventing me from changing any resolutions. Usually a restart would help resolve this issue. Just like you, the only driver version that worked well for me is the 17.2.1. Been in contact with a rep from AMD and they're currently working on a fix. Good thing is that they were able to replicate the issue. Hopefully a new driver update fixes things. Otherwise, we stick to 17.2.1.
Have you tried today's ReLive release (v 17.6.1)? It has fixes for some scaling/resolution issues.
From the release notes:
- Virtual Super Resolution may fail to enable on some Radeon RX 400 and Radeon RX 500 series graphics products.
- HDR may fail to enable on some displays for QHD or higher resolutions.
- Flickering may be observed on some Radeon RX 500 series products when using HDMI® with QHD high refresh rate displays.
- AMD XConnect: systems with Modern Standby enabled may experience a system hang after resuming from hibernation.
- Fast mouse movement may cause an FPS drop or stutter in Prey® when running in Multi GPU system configurations.
- Adjusting memory clocks in some third party overclocking applications may cause a hang on Radeon R9 390 Series products.
- Graphics memory clock may fluctuate causing inconsistent frame rates while gaming when using AMD FreeSync technology.
- Mass Effect™: Andromeda may experience stutter or hitching in Multi GPU system configurations.
- The GPU Scaling feature in Radeon Settings may fail to enable for some applications.
- Error message "Radeon Additional Settings: Host application has stopped working" pop up will sometimes appear when hot plugging displays with Radeon Settings open.
Worth a try!
Tomorrow I'll reinstall Windows from 0 and will try this driver, because now even 17.2.1 lagging. DDU not helping, hope new windows and new drivers will love each other. Uploaded short video to YouTube - 20170609 230853 - YouTube