AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issue with RX 580 Default Radeon Wattman Error

Question asked by kang on Jun 8, 2017
Latest reply on Dec 2, 2017 by dra6o0n

Hey guys. So, I've been reading and apparently this is a common error. I was having some problems with a RX 470, so I ended up returning that to Amazon, and purchased a RX 580 from Asus. Figured, hey, newer, better model, from a different company. This'll surely work, right? Well, I was wrong. I had an XFX 6970 GPU for 5 years that hasn't given me anywhere near the amount of issues I've had in the past several months from brand new cards. Beginning to think I should've gone Nvidia. Anyways, I've uninstalled and reinstalled updated drivers FIVE times. Five. And I'm still getting this issue. Windows 10 is up to date. I've gone down the list and nothing I've tried is working. Has anyone found a fix for this issue? I was looking around and some people said they were having issues with legacy games, but I'm playing newer games like Saints Row IV and Dark Souls II and having these problems. It's really aggravating that a brand new 300 dollar GPU is performing worse than a 5 year old GPU. I appreciate any advice.

EDIT: Sweet, so I just looked and I still have a window of 3 days to return this card. So, if this issue isn't fixed in the next 3 days, I will, for the first time in my life, be buying an Nvidia GPU. I will still support AMD as far as the CPU market goes, and Lord knows that Nvidia has done some anti-consumer things as well, but at least I could get USABLE DRIVERS. What's the point of supporting a company for their ethics if the end product doesn't work?

Outcomes