26 Replies Latest reply on Sep 5, 2017 2:39 PM by hardcoregames™

FPS drops - R9 M265X

shagy_91

I have a similar problem, for a few months now, after like 5 minutes of game play. I get FPS stuttering in any game. Dota 2, Overwatch, CS:GO, CS 1.6. Even if the laptop is heated up, or not. it is really annoying.

System:

- R9 M265X - Switchable Graphics - Intel Graphics 4600

- Laptop: Toshiba Qosmio X70-B-10T - 17 inches

- Windows 10 64Bit (with creators Update) P.S Windows gaming related services are disabled (same problem when enabled) - 1st Windows installation was 8.1, now upgraded.

- Latest to today's date driver & Crimson software (8th June 2017)

- CPU Type : Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz

- Ram: 16 GB

I have tried reinstalling the drivers, reinstalling old AMD drivers and software, and even Microsoft Window's update driver for M265X. Same problem

FPS jump in range of 20 fps down and back to normal.

After some play time and problem is present, if i minimize any game and try doing anything else, the whole PCs performance is lower until the game is closed.

Most games are 1280*720, either on low or high settings, same problem.

While trying different things to solve the problem, i have installed Razer Central, but not much of an enhancement.

For 2 years, the Laptop has performed perfectly with GPU Temp being at 100 C, which is normal for mine. I use a Cooling Pad with 4 fans on it, distributed to focus cool the GPU, the CPU's temp is ~90. However, the problem even happens at ~80 for GPU.