supere989

Dear AMD Marketing and Product Development:

Discussion created by supere989 on Jun 7, 2017
Latest reply on Mar 6, 2018 by ajlueke

SO, the elephant in the room is: Where are my High-Powered-low-cost OpenCL Number crunching chunks of silicon???

I mean, yes. I too like to play games. Games are fun. Games can be a career. But everyone likes one thing better than gaming, making MONEY!

SO, I ask. Where is my Crypto-Currency Accelerator? Its really simple. I want 8 Vega Chips on a single board with 64GB of HBM2. So i can drop 6 of these in a rig and afford to buy more of them from AMD and set my gaming/VR/AR Life on the move! I am not asking AMD to stop making GPU's. We need GPU's. But can you PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD AND ALL THAT IS HOLY MAKE AN ACCELERATOR FOR CRYPTO? Strip off the output ports, delete the RAMDAC, add more power connections, Cut the PCB to a PCIe 1X Slot, and make it 1x PCIe Slot wide with liquid cooling.

Then, Make a mother board with 8 PCIe 1x Slots with robust power distribution and R5 compatibility. Wrap it into a neat package and sell it too me!

Make Home versions and Datacenter versions. Produce enough to of them to satisfy the world's craving for sticking-it-to-the-man who has killed the USD.

Oh, and Do it before Intel and NVIDIA figure out that we are a Titanium Mine waiting to be plundered.

We want stupid FAST RAM with retardedly low latency and memory timings with easy Temp and Fan cooling options to keep it stable for a long, long time.

Even Optalysys has technology that can help us, but they want to decode the human genome with a pocket watch at ExaFLOP Speeds.

I here by start a Petition to AMD to fulfill my demand for money making hardware!

Oh, and by the way, if you happen to take a look at Scrypt, ETHASH and X11-X15 algorithms, heck, even SHA256 algorithms, you may find that you can't fill the demand fast enough. What to rule the world faster than Apple? Hear my voice!

Best Wishes, Gimme my hardware! =D

Raymond Johnson

Pro-Gamer/VR Citizen/Self Banked Crypto Lord.

Outcomes