AnsweredAssumed Answered

Feedback From Upgrading To Ryzen + CrossFire Stuttering In 17.5.2

Question asked by gwenwolf on Jun 7, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 16, 2017 by rebelyell

So I decided to upgrade to the AMD Ryzen platform... and to be frank I am not impressed with it's hardware support. I purchased the R7-1700 CPU and I carefully picked my Motherboard MSI X370 SLI PLUS  also my Memory )All supposedly were completely compatible and would work flawlessly.   )I upgraded bios /GPU drivers(

I have yet to be able to Clock my memory to its Rated frequency supposedly AMD says and MSI  clearly Rated and cleared for use on my motherboard with my chosen cpu. I  can't even begin the horrors I am experiencing with crossfire from Open GL fast crashing to DX games just randomly shutting down my system. I managed to test every part in the system and it's pretty clear this whole new architecture was not well planned out. I love my R9 Fury Love it so much I made sure I not only got a second one to crossfire but made sure to get a Platinum rated power supply. I honestly miss my Fx-8350 system. No headaches to speak of / or any that I can remember...not once did I have to run through any of my hardware trying to figure out of my Mobo/Cpu/Mem was faulty in any way or compatible....  Now this new Ryzen system is nice but wow it has issues and its really starting to get on my nerves. Now lets get to the worse part of it.... Crossfire with your new drivers 17.5.2 stutter my games like I had a 5xxx series card running. Do you guys even test this stuff before releasing it into the wild? Do you test the hardware compatibility or software? Let's not even mention your Crossfire promotion tactics only to not support it yourself... Game Developers can't even make a solid game with out it being broken.. now your going to count on them for crossfire support?.....lol

Nvidia is not only going to win because you keep making new stuff but never follow through with any of it.... but they'll do it all the while screwing over their very own customers... which I find funny to be perfectly honest... You people need to focus and at the very least be consistent with your support of your own products. Well I'm done with my Rant and I'm sure I'll hear some fanny's coming in with some poor excuses for what ever it is.. blah blah blah....Point is..I had a great experience going into the FX  platform. I have had my worse experience going into a new system with the Ryzen platform. Even with your gpu drivers. I refuse to support Intel and I hate how Nvidia just blatantly fools with it's customers..I will learn to live with console graphics... I'm just done with all the bs that comes with companies never fully supporting their own products.     ltr...  

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes