• Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel Core i7 2600
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • Seasonic SS-650JT 650W
      • RAM
        • 8GB

Describe your issue:

A while back I had an issue where my drivers seemed to have gone crazy, and I couldn't play games although drivers were supposedly installed. I then uninstalled" AMD Software" in Apps & features and installed the Radeon Software Crimson Relive Edition 17.5.2 driver and it seemed to work. For a while.

But now every now and then when I boot up my PC after shutting it down the drivers just "disappear". The display is 1920x1080 and the GPU is displayed in the Device Manager, but when I proceed to launch a game or even start iTunes, it seems like my GPU isn't detected or something, but my drivers are installed! My only way to fix this, temporarily, is to do the whole reinstalling process whenever this happens. I uninstall AMD Software, use the AMD Cleanup Utility to make sure no trace of AMD drivers is left, and then reboot and install the driver again. I even tried using Display Driver Uninstaller instead of uninstalling the old fashioned way but that didn't seem to do anything extraordinary.

Why does this happen? Is there any chance that Windows keeps "rolling back" to the old drivers that I had and bugs my display driver?

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.