• Motherboard
        • DELL - oy2MRG - Chipsets have been updated
      • PU/APU
        • DELL XPS 8300 -  Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10 GHz
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • no specs found
      • RAM
        • 8GB

So, it seems when ever I update windows 10 my 2nd monitor isnt recognized. This happened last year as well but I cant remember what I did. All drivers have been uninstalled - reinstalled. I have uninstalled the drivers in safe mode, restarted etc etc.

My memory, slightly remembers doing something different to fix the problem but I cant for the life of me remember what I did. It had nothing to do with the drivers, but either way, when I try to fix this problem, the graphics card will disable and then the windows graphics card will take over.

I get error code 43 for the device manager properties of the driver for the radeon 5450 driver.

Monitors comes up as "Generic PnP Monitor" even though its not a generic monitor.

During start up the 2nd monitor will show the Windows Loading emblem, as well the circular loading emblem however once the sign in screen pops up, the 2nd monitor goes blank. One little interesting thing, the 2nd monitor recognizes its on because the white light remains lite.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.