Unfortunately I'm having some issues with my MSI RX480 4GB Gaming X.
My card works fine under 60C. The fans are off and everything works.
When I start gaming the fan speed reaches 60% fan speed within minutes, and after a few more minutes reaches 90% or even 100% fan speed.
With this fan speed I'm still getting a GPU temp of 75C (open case) or 81+C (closed case).
When I stop the game the temperature drops. The fan keeps spinning for a while longer ( for example GPU temp 36C fan speed 55%).
So I have
100% load, 100% fan speed and 80C+.
Reviewers have 100% load, +-30%/35% fan speed and around 73C.
When I just got the card I had simular speeds and temperaturs.
What I already tried:
- This is a very new windows 10 installation:
- Tried the most recent drivers with and without Radeon setting.
- Removed drivers with DDU and reinstalled.
- Updates motherboard BIOS.
- Tried with and without afterburner.
- High fan speeds CPU and case fans
- Repositioned my CPU fan
Any ideas or is it most likely the card is broken?