Since more than a year I am facing the freezing issue with my AMD FX9590 where its freezes at random times, even when its idle. Always had an eye on the temperatures, that wasn't any issue.
Below is my CPU Configuration:
Processor: AMD FX9590 running at 4.70 GHz [Clocked at default settings (never overclocked)]
Cooling Kit: Corsair H80i GT Hydro Series Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB DDR3 @2400 MHz - [Clocked at 2133 MHz as motherboard supports upto 2133MHz]
HDD: Seagate 2TB SSHD
GPU: Asus RX480 ROG Strix 8GB GDDR5
PCI Wifi: TPLINK 300Mbps Wireless N PCI Adapter TL-WN851ND
PSU: Corsair CX600 Builder Series
CPU Case: Corsair Carbide 200R
Case Fans: Corsair 1x 140mm Air Series Airflow Fan
Corsair 1x 120mm Air Series Airflow Fan
Corsair 2x 120mm Stock Static Pressure Fans
I checked every possible solution below, but this did not worked:
- Changing to default BIOS Settings, including RAM Frequency to Auto Mode
- Changing the CPU Features such as AMD Cool 'n' Quiet, Core C6 State, HPC Mode etc
- Enabling/Disabling the AMD Turbo Core Technology
- Dismounting/Mounting every single device from CPU to check whether some device is causing freezing problem
- Also checked the AI Overclocked Tuner to various setting, didn't worked.
- Checked whether my PSU is running out of power consumption, but seem to be 550w under high load with all the above devices connected.
Every point mentioned did not worked for my PC.
Please help me identify the problem, almost I had given up with this CPU.
Let me know if any additional information is needed.
Thanks in Advance!!!
Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.