3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2017 10:07 AM by amdmatt

No System Boot -  PCI Resource Error with Dual R9 390s

bigschu22

Hello,

I have sort of an odd problem when trying to use both my R9 390x and R9 390.  Both cards work fine independently, but when I install them in the recommended PCIE slots for CrossFire (slot 2 and 5), I get no POST, no video, nothing.

A single card works fine in slot 2 and a single card works fine in slot 5, but using both causes the problem.

I'm getting a debug error code on my moboard's LED of 96, which corresponds to a PCI resource error.

Here are my specs:

CPU:  Intel Core I7-6700k

MOBO:  MSI Z170A Gaming M5

RAM:  G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8GB) DDR 4 3200

GPUs:  MSI R9 390 and 390X Gaming 8G

SSD:  Samsung 850 Evo 1TB

PSU:  Corsair AX860

I've been speaking with MSI as well, but they have not recommended or discovered any solution.  The 850 Evo is in SATA, not M.2.  The only other PCIE card I am using is a Rosewill wireless NIC in slot one.  I removed it and I am still getting the PCI resource error with both R9s.

Any ideas?  The PCIE options on my motherboard seem limited, only thing I can change is PCI latency and to enable above 4G decoding, which I thought might have been the issues with 16GB of video ram combined, but that didn't help either.

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.