1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 4:17 AM by amdmatt

RadeonSettings.exe - The Program can't start because Qt5Core.dll is missing

mcmeevin

Hi There

I'm currently trying to troubleshoot an issue with my graphics card potentially failing, and want to isolate it even further with by installing older drivers, in particular Crimson Relive 17.4.4.

Because simply uninstalling the drivers through programs and features does not work (it has not worked since time immemorial) I use the amd uninstall utility. That works fine, completely uninstalls all amd related files and folder, with the exception of a few registry entries which I clear with CCleaner. The issue I'm having is when I attempt to install this driver version, is when I try to launch the "Radeon Settings" utility, I get the error "The Program can't start because Qt5Core.dll is missing".

I have looked at other threads from last year with people having this issue, back when it was CCC, but I'm not able to find anything from that relates to the more recent drivers and utilities. The recommendation is to uninstall the drivers then reinstall again. I have so far done this at least 5 times, run CCleaner the same numbers of times and made sure there are no remnants of the files under C: and Program Files.

Edit: The file is not in C:\Windows\System32 nor in C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext

I've also read elsewhere that the only fix for this, if you are on Windows 8.1 like I am is to upgrade to Windows 10, which is not possible at this point in time, I don't think I should be forced to upgrade anyway because of such a minor issue .

Not sure if there is a known work around for this issue but any assistance would be much appreciated.