5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 11:09 AM by freezerain

Device Code 43 In A Switchable Graphics System When Upgrading Drivers

freezerain

HP Pavilion 15-ab128no

APU A10 8780p + R8 gpu

GPU R7 m360 2GB

DDR3 1600 16Gb

SSD

I have hard time upgrading my drivers from 16.12 to 17.4.4, my both GPU gived mi code 43 whole the time no matter what (all instals are clean exept "updating" one), so i installed back my manufactured 15.11 drivers and was wondering if it affect my FPS in games and soft. So im tested LoL and Elite Dangerous, LoL gived me near 60 fps like always and Elite 10 fps like always (1080p miminum settings). And everything was tested while GPU-Z making sensors test. Im noticed this:

1. My Dedicated m360 is not working, some times its activated and give spikes when some soft is cheking hardware

2. Setting Performance profile in CCC for exe, global, Windows Power Managment not affecting anything.

3. When running Gpu Monitor in CCC aplication use powersave mode regardless of settings, but sometimes its using performance mode but in GPU-Z sensors not showing anything and nothing happen with my FPS or etc

4. Activating Dual Graphics mode give aplication limited acces to Gpu, my m360 is working almost all the time on 300mhz and very rarely its raised to 1100 maximum of my GPU, still memory load and gpu load is in 0%, and i dont have memory usage info for this gpu

5. Elite didnt have my gpu in list in settings, so i tryed to go backwards and set everything in powersave mode, and this is not affect anything, and fps is solid same, im expecting atleast 10% difference in any direction, atleast something.

6. I have that issue on 15.1001 (not sure exactly, my manufacturer drivers), 15.11 beta, 16.9, 16.12.

I was reinstaling drivers using DDU and AMDcleaner all the time and there was a lot of code 43 situacion sometimes. Im using 16.12 chipset drivers. Windows 10 is up to date and Microsoft Updater is disabled in services, drivers not coming from them, but im checked this source also, microsoft instaling me drivers from 05.2015 without any code 43 ofcourse but gpu didnt switch either. Laptop is totaly new and i did a bucnh of diagnostics test from HP and built in windows like scandisk or sfc scannow.

I belive that is possible that gpu working but not showing in elite settings, or amd monitor show me powersave mode or GPU-Z cant hook up all that data from sensors. But i want to make sure a see atleast a bit of difference between using aplication under different GPU.

So im asking for help, advices, alternative gpu monitors or for the best a way to hard force aplication to run on m360. Also there are no bios settings for gpu and my bios is up to date. Thank you for reading!

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: Switchable Graphics debuging help
          amdmatt

Bringing in our mobility expert to see if he can help. kingfish

• Re: Device Code 43 In A Switchable Graphics System When Upgrading Drivers
            kingfish

First, I wish everyone who posts on this forum would be as clear and concise describing their issue and the steps they have performed to troubleshoot.

Do you have the latest bios update F.45 Rev.A dated May 2017?

Is your computer Power Plan set to 'High Performance'? (not 'balanced')

There are some issues with Carrizo APU's and Windows Update. Microsoft has a warning to that effect...Windows Update issue   AMD Carrizo DDR4 processors    4/18/2017  

Check for a update for the Realtek audio driver...check the Realtek site.

freezerain

Thx for reply, KingFish. Sorry if my question was unclear for details.

Yes, after i get this problem of code 43 i was updated latest bios, no diference.

Yes, my computre set to Performance in every possible instance that i managed set. In CCC and Windows Power Manager, im usualy use laptop only with charger.

Well, thx for link on that bug, but i defenetly hav this, because i cannot manage to update my last windows so i make clean instal latest available version of CU. Also i have latest update of 02.06.2017 so i think with reinstal i also skip this update, but im not sure, do you think its a source of a problem?

Intresting that you sad about realtek driver. Becouse after reinstal windows there was a problem with Realtek PCIE FE family controller, it give me code 2 i think and with trying to update or delete driver laptop go in reboot and after installing driver from site there was bootloop, so i disable device from safe mode and after few days delete device with driver and now its working fine but with standart windows driver. I was thinking about broken windows driver or chipset driver or something like that... dont sure. And about audio im using standart driver also becase realtek have REALY low volume on B&O mic, you can google it, only solution for last years is use windows drivers, do you know any way to update realtek audio without installing B&O software, i dont think its possible... Cheez so much problems with drivers in our time=)

Hey also want to add, that for last few days i manage to instal few version more without code 43 and latest that work for me is 17.4.3. Version that worked, work everytime i reisntal, and version that not worked like 17.4.4 or 15.1001 from my manufacturer is always broken no matter what. So with this driver GPU-Z and MSI afterburner show me that dedicated GPU with disabled dual graphic mode working with 300 mhz cap and 100% fan (not true because i hear very clear when its 100 and when it close to 20%) and temperture near 50-60 C in games, looks like not heat throtling but broken sensors, anyway in practice there are no diference also, and all aplication starting in powersave mode regardless of what is set in global and individual profiles in CCC

kingfish

"Thx for reply, KingFish. Sorry if my question was unclear for details." No, you were very clear with all the details...I was complimenting you on that

You should be able to go to the Realtek support site and find the most current drivers.

freezerain

Hello again. I downloaded driver from realtek site, but its also comin with B&O software, its working but its just awfull with sound and not sensitive enough on mic even with +30db. So i cleaned with ddu from safe mode, install 17.4.4, gived me code43. Then i cleande all with ddu, install cheapset drivers 17.10 and then 17.4.4 still code 43.

What i remember from all those reinstalation that some times its allow me in custom-instalation to pick different numbers of device and some of them seems like not installing. For example with my 17.4.4 or 17.4.3 drivers, when i instaling 17.10 chipset drivers its show me video drivers also and radeon settings but cannot recognize version of those that already installed. For pspbus its all good. Also some times drivers for acp aplication (not sure exactly name) apear but never was installed. So i think maybe some problem with install manager or rights in windows?

Installing everything with administrator rights and my ssd was checked for errors. Also possible that some kind "head" chip that giving all information about devices to installer not working so good. Cant find a direction in which i should dig.