4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2017 7:24 PM by heimdall2020

R9 380X - Using Two ICC Colour Profiles With Two Displays

heimdall2020

Hi, I have 2 monitors hooked to my r9 380x, the main in my desktop Its for photography work and the second (Its an lcd tv actually) Its mainly used for watching movies and gaming.

The thing Is I have my "working" monitor calibrated and profiled for acurate color reproduction, and that works just fine, but when I enable my second screen for watching a movie for example, the ICC profile of my primary monitor Its showing there too, so In that screen (the tv) the image looks really bad...

I tried a lot of things, but in the end, I always have to go to "color managment" In windows, and every time I have to manually set to the default icc profile, and then, when switching back to my primary display, I have to do the same thing again but with the other profile...

One thing that picks my attention Is that in the "color managment window", It shows a list of devices conected, and for the monitors, I have 7 showing up there, all with the name "generic PNP monitor -Amd tm r9 380 series...", but the thing Is, the first two in the list, are named like "1|2 generic PNP monitor..." and when I click in identify displays, It shows in either screen a big "1|2", like the two displays are the same, at least In regards of the color profiles you can use.

So, am I doing something wrong?

I only want to have one profile for each screen, and when I switch to the other display, the apropiate profile activates acordingly.

Windows 10 64 bit

R9 380x

Thanks for the help!

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

• Re: R9 380X, two monitors, ICC profiles problem
          amdmatt

You should be able to set a default ICC profile for each display via Windows. I was able to achieve this using a Spyder Calibration Tool. Microsoft should be able to guide you through the process.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: R9 380X - Using Two ICC Colour Profiles With Two Displays
              heimdall2020

Hi, thanks for the answer!

I will try again, but Im pretty sure that I can profile each screen (Im using an i1 Display pro) but after doing that, I simply can´t "attach" permanently the profile to the right display, It just shows the last profile selected, meaning If I set "profile 1" to my main display, and then switch to the second one, "profile 1" will still be in action, even If I have created a spectific profile for my secondary display and viceversa.

Any help will be welcome, I did some research back then when I bought the colorimeter, and at that point some users commented that perhaps my graphic card could only support 1 profile at a time... But Im not 100% sure about that.

goodplay

Are system defaults also set to your profiles for each monitor,

colorCapture.PNG

You may also want to post a query on tenforums.com/

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  heimdall2020

Hi, thanks for the tip!

Yes, I have indeed tried that, and when changing those setteings, they "stick" no matter in what display I set those... If I change those settings for my primary display, they remain active when switching to the ohter one...

The thing Is, when switching displays, they appear as two different (and selectable to mirror, expand or simply to pick one as your main one for example), but in the color managment, or in the i1 Diplay profiler software, are detected as one with the 1|2 appearing big if you click in "detect displays"...

Will try In the Tenforums you mentioned, but Im inclined to think that maybe Its has to be something related to my graphics card...

Thanks again