rqs-devine

RQS-devine PC

Discussion created by rqs-devine on Jun 1, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2019 by kc5vdj

DSC01495.jpgDescriptionDSC01489.JPGDSC01398.JPGDSC01471.JPG

Mostly Community Donated parts that come together to make my Devine PC Named "Dark-Red" . #redteam

Specifications

CPURyzen 1600 / Thanks to darkwolfca
CoolerWraith Spire Cooler
MotherboardMSI B350 Gaming Plus / Thanks to darkwolfca
Memory16 GB GSkill Flare X DDR4 3200 / Thanks in large part to my old boss.
GraphicsASUS ROG Strix RX 580 OC 8 GB / Thanks to AMDGaming stream and Asus
Disc Drive 1Samsung Evo 970 250 GB / Thanks to a Viewer JimmyTheJimJimmies
Disc Drive 2160 Gb HDD For Games, music and photos. Used to be a primary drive in it's first PC back in 2011
Disc Drive 3WD Black 1 TB HDD For Games
PSUEVGA 600 Watt / Thanks to remixreviews
Case
Fractal Focus G ATX Mid Tower w/Window (Black) / Thank to a Viewer JimmyTheJimJimmies
Monitor MainDell 27" 75 Hz FreeSync / Christmas 2018 Thanks to my Wife
Monitor SecondaryViewsonic 24" 75 Hz FreeSync
Web Cam
LogiTech c920 / Thank to a Viewer TheTertius
Key Board
Rosewill Neon K85 RGB Brown switches Mechanical / Thank to a Viewer CatsGoMeow
Boom Mic
Zingyou BM-800 Condenser Microphone / Thanks to a Viewer CanuckRoughneck

First off, I have to give a HUGE shout out and Thank you to this community. They are family to me. They are the reason I can even be a real #redteam member. I thank mohotashi for turning me on to the AMD community. virgo4u for being the first #AMDRTP streamer I ever watched and being so entertaining I had to keep coming back for more. Without them, I never would have met all the people I now consider not just friends but family. Let me explain.

My MSI 970 Gaming Motherboard and FX8370 CPU and Gigabyte R9 380 4 Gb M1 Gaming GPU are all courtesy of remixreviews .The Case is courtesy of swaccelerated . The Case Fans and 120 Gb SSD for my OS are courtesy of gtagshuffle . The Ultra X3 PSU is courtesy of bernie8001 . The CoolerMaster CPU cooler is courtesy of georgefern , who I can say with great pleasure I actually got to meet in person as he made the drive out to deliver and help install said cooler. Much thanks on both fronts there man. I could have put it in alone but would have taken longer and aggravated my back more. Also, I wouldn't have had the afternoon with you. You are as awesome in person as online. My Sades K9 gaming keyboard also came from swaccelerated that I redeemed with points earned watching their great streams. Imagine getting to watch a family of great streamers, getting to join in the fun with them in game and getting a keyboard for doing it. It sounds too good to be true but it is. My Sades headset was won by bernie8001 from swaccelerated . He asked them to send it to me so double thanks go out there.

The Asus ROG Strix was originally a RX 570 4 GB GPU I won from the AMDGaming stream channel. I was however cursed with some real bad luck with 3 consecutive defective GPU's sent back for RMA's and tested and replaced with more RX 570's. After three consecutive defective 570's Asus was kind enough to offer me a fourth try with a new RX 570 or a refurbished quality tested RX 580, with the bad luck I had with the RX 570's I opted to take the Refurbished RX 580. Seems to have been a good choice as I have had the GPU in my system for 3 days now with Zero Errors and crashes. I have to give Asus customer support props they did do everything they could to get me a working GPU. It is Glorious and seems to be fully functional!

At this point, the only parts of my PC that are not from the great community members mentioned are my 500 Gb HDD for my games, pics and music that is from my old computer and the 16 Gb of Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1866 Ram (won from Crucial for my Valentine’s Day Ram Poem). Since I now have a complete system, I enter contests and giveaways like a madman in an attempt to get things I can pay-forward to others. It's not a lot but at this time in my life it is the best I can do. I have managed so far to win a Razor keyboard from katiya_graves , which I was able to pay-forward to a friend who had just earlier that day tweeted out that their keyboard died. Talk about timing! I have also won a Sapphire Nitro RX 460 from havenbreaker , which after discussing with other community members we were able to get that to a person in need as well.

Sorry this was so long winded. However, I felt the need to express my Gratitude and my feelings for this awesome community. #redteam, #AMD, #betterred , #TheStreamersLounge , #SWAccelerated.

Thank you for your time,

James LaTourneau = RQS-devine

Message was edited by: James LaTourneau in reply to a request for the PC's backstory.

Message was edited by: James LaTourneau Some updated pics to show the new ASUS ROG RX 570 4gb GPU I won from the @AMDGaming Stream. Many Thanks! Can't wait to start gaming on it now that it's installed. #betterred #redteam

Also The Gigabyte R9 380 from remixreviews will be going to georgefern to help complete the #payitforward build he has been working on. If anyone has a windows 10 key they would like to donate to complete it please get in touch with him. #AMDCommunityHype!

Latest Updates Thanks to darkwolfca I am now a member of the Ryzen Family!! I was already red now Ryzen! amdcommunity #RyzenHype

Message was edited by: James LaTourneau 9/16/17

Message was edited by: James LaTourneau

Message was edited by: James LaTourneau 1/13/18

Message was edited by: James LaTourneau Updated a few items that have been updated and or added by Stream viewers.

Outcomes