lag

R9 270 System Restarts After Reaching Windows Boot Screen

Discussion created by lag on Jun 1, 2017
Latest reply on Jun 7, 2017 by lag

Hello,

I'm not totally sure this a driver issue but installing the drivers work as detonator, my issues is the following. Out of nowhere (as far as i know) one day when i turned on my PC and it was booting fine, i got to the windows logo and just before reaching desktop, my mouse lights started blinking and then the pc restarted, after i few tries of the same thing, i tried to troubleshoot so i disconnected the GPU and booted using the integrated graphic of the motherboard, the pc booted just fine, i connect the GPU again and the issues came back.

So now i know is has to do with the GPU. i could boot to safe mode with the GPU connected so i did that and unistalled all the drivers and restarted, the PC booted fine and just to be sure i reinstalled the drivers to see what happen, and surely the issue came back, same thing. the PC boots, windows loads and before reaching desktop it freeze and restart. I think the drivers are causing the problem even tho it doesnt make sense. So if anyone have any idea of what i should do please share.

My Specs are the following:

Power Supply: CX500

GPU: Randeon R9 270

CPU: Phenom II 965  3.4Ghz

Motherboard: GA-78LMT

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Outcomes