50 Replies Latest reply on Jul 13, 2017 1:36 AM by amdmatt

Asus Strix rx580 FPS Drops In Games 17.5.2 (Updated to 17.6.1)

calenmir

Hi,

I just bought my graphic card (Asus Strix rx580-08G) last week as an upgrade over my Asus R9 280X card. But I've been unable to solve my FPS problem since the day of my purchase.

Any game using 3D is creating FPS problems. I'm trying to test it with World of Tanks, Heroes of the Storm, Dark Souls 3, Witcher 3. All these games were working fine with my old card with the same graphic settings. Games are running ok except having a constant FPS fluctuations. It runs on 60 fps goes down to 15 fps backs up 45 then 60 then go down to 20. In summary any game using 3d is in unplayable state at the moment due to serious lag caused by frame changes. I've tried to Install display drivers over and over again but It doesn't seem to be helping. I have already made a clean driver install using Display Driver Uninstaller but that didn't help either. I'm wondering If there is any hardware issue with my graphic card so I can get It replaced with RMA.

Could you please help me with troubleshooting If something wrong with my computer or If I have a hardware problem with the card.

My system information is as following:

Desktop System

Graphic Card: Asus Strix Rx 580-O8G

Operating System: Win 10 64 bit

Driver version: Radeon Software Version 17.6.1

Display Device: Viewsonic VX2257 1920x1080 @75Hz connected with DP cable

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G43

CPU: - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4670K CPU @ 3.40GHz

PSU: Coolermaster G750M
      RAM: 8 GB

Message was edited by: Matt B We have updated the title of this discussion with relevant details to better describe your issue.

Message was edited by: Enis Tunçer Updated new system information