2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 2, 2017 5:36 AM by amdmatt

290x died, RX580  arrives today

Hardwood

3 months out of warranty my Powercolor 290x started pixelating on the window desktop and soon crash to a totally useless machine. Had to shut power off at PSU to get things going again. I lived with this a couple weeks and even played some R6seige with no problems but the other day it pixelated and did it's usual crash.  Although the computer would start (could hear typical desktop noises) there was no video this time. So, I turned on the DVI and  HDMI monitors and unplugged the Displayport monitor. Turns out DP and HDMI have no signal and the DVI port showed a screen but it had a 1.5" wide vertical stripe on it. YUK!

I can't live with that so after hours of searching my favourite online stores for a shiny new RX580 and being thoroughly disappointed with the availability I managed to get this. Here's a review ASUS Radeon RX 580 STRIX review - Introduction

It's been a long while since I had a new vidcard so if anyone has any tips regarding this new hardware please share.

Thanks.