2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 3:48 AM by antiguy1994

amd auto detect software gives me Radeon HD 8950 drivers for my amd firepro 6100 graphics card

antiguy1994

I have a laptop with a AMD Firepro 6100 graphics card and want to make sure I have the latest drivers for it whenever I look for my graphics card or use the amd auto detect software it gives me Radeon HD 8950 drivers. I was wondering to find out if this is what I should have installed because I have heard that sometimes they merge drivers to work with different graphics cards when they get old. I have had issues with some games using the driver and its the only way I can configure my graphics card settings because the base drivers don't have a gui that lets you configure the settings.

• Re: amd auto detect software gives me Radeon HD 8950 drivers for my amd firepro 6100 graphics card
          ray_m

Please take the time to review the Terms and Conditions for the use of this forum and provide the essential INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION.

• Re: amd auto detect software gives me Radeon HD 8950 drivers for my amd firepro 6100 graphics card
              antiguy1994

Describe your system:

• Graphics Card
                • AMD FirePro M6100 FireGL V
              • Operating System
                • Windows 10 64bit
              • Driver version installed
              • Display Devices
                • Provider:Advanced Micro Devices, Inc Model: FirePro M6100 FireGL V Make and model, PCI bus 1, device 0, function 0 @60 hz Version:15.200.1045.0
                • Intel HD 4600 PCI bus 0, device 2, function 0 1920x1080 @60 hz Version 20.19.15.4483
              • Motherboard
                • ManufacturerDell Inc.
                  Model05NG6V (SOCKET 0)
                  VersionA00
                  Chipset VendorIntel
                  Chipset ModelHaswell
                  Chipset Revision06
                  Southbridge VendorIntel
              • CPU/APU
                • Cores4
                  Threads8
                  NameIntel Core i7 4900MQ
                  Code NameHaswell
                  PackageSocket 947 rPGA
                  Technology22nm
                  SpecificationIntel Core i7-4900MQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
                  Family6
                  Extended Family6
                  ModelC
                  Extended Model

3C

• Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                • Its a laptop
              • RAM
                • 16GB

Describe your issue:

• I try to download the drivers from the automatic installer Download Drivers on the downloads drivers section it gives me Radeon HD 8950 Drivers, Radeon Pro 17.Q2.1 Software with Vulcan when installing. I done it manually putting in my information and it gives me the same software.
              • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
                • When I use these software and drivers the game that is affect the most is Overwatch the game will frequent crash make a windows error noise and freeze until it randomly closes or I click it to close it. Majority of the time I get no errors messages why it is happening. One time it gave me the error "Your rendering device has been lost. It happens the least when using my default driver that is installed from my video card. The reason I am forced to use the software and radeon drivers is other games don't recognize my graphics card and I am not able to control my graphic card settings because there is no software that lets me do this installed by default. I am hoping to get some help on to the reason for this happening or get guided to a fix for the issue I am having.
              • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue

• graphicsdrivers picture.PNG

graphicsdrivers picture 2.PNG