10 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2017 11:12 PM by goodplay

GPU problems or driver problems?

crevecoeur

Hello everyone,

since a week or so now, I've been having some problems with my computer and I really dont know if the problem is caused by my Radeon R9 390 or by the AMD Drivers. Basically, when I boot my computer and log into my computer account, sometimes the home screen lags out and black lines appear on my screen (see the attached images) and then the following message is displayed: ''Default Radeon Wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected failure''. I've tried to delete and reinstall the AMD drivers with the DDU program (Display Driver uninstaller) and then reinstalling the latest driver on your website, but the problem still persists. I've even tried to download older versions of the driver, but it says that the driver cannot detect the AMD materials in my computer.

I really don't know what causes this problem, and it really is only on my home screen (and not in game), but I have also noticed that my FPS in game and graphics performance have drastically reduced and I get big lags sometimes that I never had before. My card is not even 2 years old, since I bought it in July 2015.

Can this problem be caused by other programs running on my computer and launching with Windows like MSI Afterburner or Corsair Link?

The goal of this thread is really to determine if the problem comes from my drivers (or other programs) or from the graphics card itself?

Thanks a lot for helping me!