AnsweredAssumed Answered

Entering OpenCL went terribly wrong

Question asked by unrecovered on May 27, 2017
Latest reply on Nov 18, 2017 by unrecovered

Hi. I'm currentry trying to start exploring OpenCL and already have some issues i don't know how to resolve. Also I must say I've come here as a last resort, since 3 days of googling, reading manuals and changing IDEs/compilers doesn't do sh any good. So here's my problem:

g++ "-LC:\\Program Files (x86)\\AMD APP SDK\\3.0\\lib\\x86_64" -o project.exe "src\\huinya.o"

src\project.o: In function `getPlatformVersion':

C:/Program Files (x86)/AMD APP SDK/3.0/include/CL/cl.hpp:1688: undefined reference to `clGetPlatformInfo'

C:/Program Files (x86)/AMD APP SDK/3.0/include/CL/cl.hpp:1690: undefined reference to `clGetPlatformInfo'

src\huinya.o: In function `getDevicePlatformVersion':

C:/Program Files (x86)/AMD APP SDK/3.0/include/CL/cl.hpp:1697: undefined reference to `clGetDeviceInfo'

src\huinya.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_context*>::release(_cl_context*)':

C:/Program Files (x86)/AMD APP SDK/3.0/include/CL/cl.hpp:1607: undefined reference to `clReleaseContext'

src\huinya.o: In function `cl::detail::ReferenceHandler<_cl_command_queue*>::release(_cl_command_queue*)':

C:/Program Files (x86)/AMD APP SDK/3.0/include/CL/cl.hpp:1616: undefined reference to `clReleaseCommandQueue'

Now an explanation. I do evrything according to manual. I've installed AMD APP SDK(latest), set up environment, added path and included "include" folder, added "lib" folder into library path. Then I tried to build simple "hello world" program with the only addition in it: #include <CL/cl.hpp>. After that, i get this error.

You may think it's about building a 64-bit app with 32-bit builder(or vice versa). That would be so easy... But no. I've made sure of that. Several times. And tried all possible combinations. The error is the same. So obviously I do something wrong, but cannot figure what.

Things I've tried so far:

IDEs:

Eclipse

NetBeans

Visual Studio 2012

Compiling:

MinGW+MSYS

Cygwin

whatever VS use

My PC conf:

Proc: Core i3-2310M

RAM: 6GB