1 Reply Latest reply on May 26, 2017 7:26 AM by angryuser1

Windows 10 - "not currently associated with a specific graphics processor" message

longshot9

Hi,

We've got a few users with new Dell laptops and they are seeing the message below anytime they run an exe that doesn't have a setting saved for the GPU.  I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but regardless, I can't find a way to STOP it from doing this.  Anyone know? 

photo.jpg

you click on it and this comes up

photo.jpg

I've combed through it a few times and can't figure out how to turn it off, or just set everything to the same setting.  Our users don't want or need this feature. 

• Re: Windows 10 - "not currently associated with a specific graphics processor" message
          angryuser1

Have you checked if "windows notifications" setting inside Settings applet can manage whether it shows or not? It certainly should be there.

Also, you could try "global settings" inside the window you have opened, on the left pane. It should allow for GPU choices.

Ironically, I have one nvidia optimus laptop and I am missing this notification, and suffer from constant issues where application runs on intel instead of nvidia gpu, causing really bad user experience because of poor performance.