Freesync flickering.

podkaracz

Desktop

GPU: ASUS STRIX RX 470 8GB

Drivers: Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.5.2

Monitors: AOC G2460PF 144hz 1920x1080 Freesync Monitor

CPU: i5 7400

RAM: 8gb

I bought new DP 1.2 cable and problem still occurs.   

In games Tibia / League Of Legends i can experience Flickering with Freesync ON also i cant open fullscreen mode on RELIVE drivers.

• Re: Freesync flickering.
          podkaracz

I would like to add that its a comedy that companies dont add freesync-compatibile Displayports added to their package and everyone have to ask themself will this cable work or not? As for now it seems like its working but later flickering destroys it + you cant be sure every monitor has the same quality of freesync like G-sync from nvidia. Sadly we have to wait for Freesync 2 and who knows if itll support AOC G2460PF. For every1 with money id rather tell them to get G-sync since its working as it should no matter what.

1 of 2 people found this helpful
              podkaracz

I would like to apologize for what i wrote it was not objective considering price and quality of both services.

I would also add that Windows 10 should step up becouse it often mess with drivers and stuff.

Overall input lag on g sync is lower and i would like to ask some1 from AMD if they are going to continue Freesync after they open Freesync 2 ( will 2 got lower input lags then 1?)

amdmatt

We have an open issue with FreeSync and flickering at the moment, please wait and try out our next driver update.

We recommend using a Certified DP 1.2 cable.

More information about FreeSync 2 will become available later in the year, stay tuned.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                underworldgamer

Hello AMD,

i have AOC G2460PF MFD H222 and the newest driver 17.11.1. The problem still exists.

BR

Mathias

alza77

Still having this issue.

I've got the AOC G2460PF and the 17.11.4 driver.

underworldgamer

I have tested it again with 17.11.4 the same issue. AMD whats going on with this ?

Come on do something, i like you products, but this is not professionale.

I have flickering in BF1 in menu, PUBG the whole game, BF4 in menu newest update

When i try the FreeSync tool with the windmill i have the same issues.

BR

Mathias

dimi1606

Just type "flickering" into the search bar here. There are tons of posts about this problem, all with different monitors. And not a single thread was marked as solved. I turned off freesync, because the flickering/brightness strobing gives me headaches. I hope they are still working on this issue and will fix it some time soon, or at least explain why this is happening.

underworldgamer

some games are good but this issue is strange. the have bigger problems then this.