2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2017 1:33 AM by davalom

rx480 problems

itssapir

i began having issues with a game (brawlhalla) a week ago, where i opened it, the steam overlay suddenly didnt come up, and i had terrible frame rates. (instead of constant locked 60fps)

after updating the drivers of the card the problem seemed to disappear.

it has now started happening again, this time im noticing its not a problem with the specific game.

when i try to launch factorio it flashes the screen a bunch of times and then says :  "failed to create display!"

when i try to launch rocket league it says : "your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets (D3DFMT_A16B16G16R16F), ......"

when i try to launch warframe, it says : "your graphics card is not supported ........"

i cant figure out whats wrong, i tried rolling back the drivers, reinstalling them, restarting my computer several times, nothing seems to work.

edit:

specs:

• AMD Graphics Card :
        • Sapphire nitro+ rx480 8gb
      • Desktop
      • Operating System:
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed:
        • Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.4.4
      • Display Devices
        • SamsungSyncMaster 2233 via DVI to HTMI connector
        • Benq Q2220HD via DVI to DVI connector
      • Motherboard:
        • Gigabyte H97-D3H
      • CPU:
        • Intel Core i5 4590
      • Power Supply Unit:
      • Seasonic 500W SS-500ET
      • RAM:
        • 8GB G-Skill
        • Re: rx480 problems
          davalom

I have the same problem. Uninstaling the drivers in secure mode with DDU and reinstalling again seems to fix it temporaly, but the problem start again after a few days. I only have 1 display active at a time. The problem seems to occur only in the DVI monitor, the HDTV works fine.

The erros I get:

Stellaris: Failed to create a graphics device. Exiting.

Rocket League: Your video card does not support alpha blending with floating point render targets ...

Don't Starve: Error during initialization.

Rainbow Six Siege: Opens in windowed mode. Cannot change to fullscreen nor change resolution.

Dir Rally: Opens in windowed mode. Cannot change to fullscreen nor change resolution.

Company of Heroes 2: Cannot find supported hardware rendering device. Ensure that you meet the minimum system requirements... verify that DirectX is installed and drivers are up to date

I just find this fix (Enabling GPU Scaling in the Radeon drivers for the DVI monitor [Games not working in DX9/DX11/OpenGL since 17.4.4 on RX 460 in a DVI Monitor. ]) and seems to work, but I don't know for how long.

My system:

AMD Graphics Card

AMD RX 480 Nitro+

Desktop or Laptop System

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Driver Version Installed

Radeon Software Crimson Edition 17.4.4 (tried with several)

Monitors

Dell Ultrasharp U2412M (DVI)

HDTV Panasonic Viera 40'' (HDMI)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Z77-D3H

Processor and RAM

i5 2500k  at stock speed

8GB RAM

PSU

EVGA 750W G2

DirectX Version

DirectX 12