1 Reply Latest reply on May 23, 2017 4:30 PM by black_zion

R9 380 - computer restarting randomly

pattisean

Hi all -

I've been having a recurring issue since early March with my computer. The basics:

• AMD Graphics Card
        • Sapphire Radion R9 380 4GB Nitro Dual X OC Video Card
      • Desktop or Laptop System
        • Desktop system
      • Operating System
        • Windows 10 64bit
      • Driver version installed
        • Started with the newest version, have rolled back all the way to 15.11.1 beta
      • Display Devices
        • 2x Asus VS248H-P 24" 1920x1080 monitor (both DVI port)
      • Motherboard
        • Gigabyte GA H170M D3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
      • CPU/APU
        • Intel Core i5-6500 3.2 GHz Quad Core processor
      • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
        • EVGA SuperNova 650W 80+ Gold
      • RAM
        • Crucial 8GB DDR4-2133

The first thing that happened in March was my computer randomly restarted when playing Overwatch. After the first restart, I was unable to load overwatch successfully (it often restarted right as the game opened). After much research I thought it was the PSU - so I RMA'd it. Once I got the new one, it played fine for about a week before the restarts started happening again. At that point I downloaded a GPU stress test and my computer instantly restarted every time I tried to initiate. I deduced from there that it may be the GPU, so I RMA'd that as well. I received a new one and my computer worked for a week or so before the restarts began again. For the last week or so I am able to play 1-2 matches before the computer restarts on the load match screen. I've tried so many things by reading forums (short of flashing the BIOS on my motherboard, which I will do as a last result) and have not had a successful solution. I've done a DDU clean and installed previous driver versions going all the way back to 15.11.1 beta, to no avail. I've tried using WattMan to limit power usage to -20% and then +20% to no avail. I'm running short on patience and am hoping to find a solution - please help!!