AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Drivers Instalation/Update Crashing/Freezing Computer

Question asked by xxair_forcexx on May 20, 2017
Latest reply on Oct 27, 2017 by twopolo4

I have a Toshiba Satelite P50-B-103 Laptop with a R9-M265X graphics card and windows 10 64bit, i almost never turn off the computer, just let it sleep through the night...Thas why i didn't notice this issue when it supposedly happend...

I had the crimson 17.4.4... also tried 17.5.2 and both of those in minimal setup...

A week ago the computer installed the Creators Update, and a couple of other things. The other day i installed the game Prey from steam, because i knew it could handle it on low easly. I launched the game and it was runing. I changed the graphics a tiny bit, and while the textures were reloading the computer froze 100%.... how do i know? Because the capslook light did not turn on when i clicked it and the same for the Num Lock... besides the fans got realy slow spining... I hard reboot it and on the boot rigth after the loading screen and before the Password screen the computer got stuck in a black screen completly frozen.... again the same with capslock and numlock.
After some trys to boot it normaly i got in in safe mode and unistalled driver with ddu and amd tool... after it boot it in normaly but after i was in the windows the windows update kicked in and started downloading the drivers and when it got to 40% it froze and crashed again... This happen 5 times... having to go in safe boot unistall the drivers again if i wanted to go in normaly... to the point i had to go in and disable windows updates in windows serviçes manager.
This also hapend when i tried to install the drivers i had preveosly manually and many older and newer versions... but while in the process of instalation at midway through is froze and crashed every single time... making me go in safe mode again and unistall it...

I can't do anything now... besides internet things, if windows gets a solution im not gonna be able do get it cause the winodws update before anything will install the amd drivers and those will freze and crash everthing...

I have seen this hapen to a lot of other people including at least 4 of my friends... Fortunatly for me i am a programmer and can "fix" my computer... kind of... but my friends can't even turn it on... because of this...

Please if any of you kwnows anything about this, maybe a solution for know or maybe if there will be a solution... tell me Please! If any amd employee sees this and knows something... tell me... tell us.... we need to know at least that you acknowledge this very big issue! It's not only your fault... it's partly windows's fault... maybe... idk it's mostly their fault... idk... at least my friends with others graphicsd cards brands are not having this issues so idk...

Please at least acknowledge this and possibly fix it in the most near future!

Outcomes