AnsweredAssumed Answered

RX 460 - Minor and Major Issues

Question asked by rafastang on May 20, 2017
Latest reply on May 27, 2017 by rafastang

Hello! I bought an ASUS RX 460 2GB with Factory OC to 1224Mhz

This one: Asus Radeon RX 460 Dual OC 2GB (90YV09L2-M0NA00) Asus - PCDIGA

And i'm experiencing a number of problems with it. In heroes of the storm, I can play for 2-3 minutes untill I get the crash: gfx api error. Whenever I play league of legends I get black screen flickers every minute, the screen goes black for 1-2 seconds and comes back. In this particular case, if I reduce the clock to 950mhz, the black screens stop ocurring. I stressed test the card with Furmark, I did all the Uningine Benchmarks(Valley, Superposition and Haven) and ZERO problems at 1224Mhz, it ran perfectly. I run Witcher 3, not a single problem, all settings ultra 1360x760 for a return of around 40fps, everything's perfect. However, League of Legends and HOTS are a nono. Radeon host application crashes so many times, as well as Wattman. Another odd thing i'm experiencing is, whenever I close a full screen app, Blizzard APP simply doesn't show, but it's open! I can click the buttons, not seeing where I'm clicking, but they are there, just not showing. Same with the Radeon Host application! I have to kill the task and reopen both blizzard app and radeon host application for them to visible again. See this picture:

https://image.ibb.co/n8iovv/asdf.png

The again, I have to kill the app in the task manager and reopen, to be able to see it, but I can click on the options. The application is open but not showing. It could be  a PSU problem, but even if it isn't of the best quality 650W should give enough headroom for the system, even if it only pulls around 400 and something Watts.

I've tried:

Clean DDU Uninstall in Safe mode and complete driver re-installment.

Plugged and unplugged the GPU from the PCI-E slot to make sure it's well slotted.

Underclocked the GPU seems to be the only fix, but that's not a fix at all.

My computer specifications:

PSU: Nox Urano NX 650W

GPU: Asus 2GB RX 460 OC to 1224mhz

CPU: Intel i3 4170 @ 3.7Ghz

Mobo: ASUS H81M-A

HDD: Generic 500GB WD

RAM: 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 @ 1600mhz

I'm scratching my head here, very unhappy with my purchase at the moment..Lots of minor issues and big ones(HOTs, LoL). My previous HD 7770 did not give me a single problem, plug in, 6 pin, drivers, bam, working like a charm.

Thank you for your time, kind regards!

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'm running Windows 10 Creators Update

Edit2: This happened: Black Screen Flickering - YouTube , was just browsing facebook..

Outcomes