3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2017 4:46 AM by amdmatt

No BSOD when Windows Update updates AMD Display driver on HD7850

elstaci

As I had posted earlier, Whenever I reinstalled the latest AMD Display driver, I would start getting BSOD either when backing up the computer or rebooting. After reinstalling the last AMD Display Driver before 4/11/2017, my computer has had absolutely no more BSODS, no matter what I am doing on my computer at the time. Yesterday, I decided to check Device Manager to make sure I still have the same Display Driver I reinstalled. Turns out, Windows Update updated my AMD Display Driver twice in a week. First on 5/15/2017 and finally, up to now, on 5/17/2017. My computer has had no problems since the updated display drivers. The one I have now, the display driver is from 4/24/2017 which is after the Windows Creator version officially came out. I just rebooted my computer without any BSOD's. I have backed up my computer with Acronis without BSOD's.

My conclusion is that the AMD Installation Software that manually installs the Display Driver must be some how the reasons for my computer to BSOD so often after rebooting. Since Windows Update updated and installed the same Display Drivers in which I tried to manually install by using the AMD Installation software and my computer is working smoothly I could only guess that it was the AMD installation software that was causing all the problems. At least on my computer configuration. Anyways, I will know for sure when I manually update my AMD software again. If I start getting BSOD, than I theory will be correlated.

AMD FX 8350 - 8 cores, Visiontek HD 7850 Video Card, 12 gbytes of DDR3 1600 Memory, 850 watt gold Power Supply, Windows 10 Pro Version 1703. Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gen 2.0 Motherboard.