I upgraded my AMD Radeon drivers to 17.5.2 this morning and since then none of my games are working correctly anymore. For example: starting Skyrim crashes with the error “Failed to initialize renderer”, Civilization V only runs in windowed mode and Medieval II Total War crashes on startup. These are all old games, but they were working fine earlier this week.
This is my system:
- Type: Desktop
- Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
- CPU: Ryzen 5 1600
- GPU: Sapphire RADEON RX 580 NITRO+ 8GB
- RAM: 16 GB
- OS: Windows 10 Professional x64
- Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2433, connected with a DVI-D cable.
- PSU: Be quiet! Pure Power 10 400W CM
- SSD: Samsung 750 EVO MZ-750500
I will try going back to driver version 17.5.1 to hopefully fix this for now, but I would rather see the responsible bug in the driver software fixed because having to stick to old drivers on a brand new computer would be a shame. Please let me know if you need any additional information from me. Any help is appreciated.