3 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2017 7:17 AM by bearcat22

AMD Radeon RX Vega Predictions

kingfish

AMD Radeon RX Vega Predictions, With Live Updates

AMD will have up to 7 different Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, as it needs to hit 5 different price points and products from NVIDIA from the GeForce GTX 1070 right up to the GTX 1080 Ti, and even the new TITAN Xp.

• AMD Radeon RX Vega (GTX 1070) - 4GB HBM2, cut down Vega 11 GPU
      • AMD Radeon RX Vega (GTX 1080) - 4GB HBM2, cut down Vega 10 GPU
      • AMD Radeon RX Vega (GTX 1080 11Gbps) - 8GB HBM2, cut down Vega 10 GPU (slightly higher clocks)
      • AMD Radeon RX Vega (GTX 1080 Ti) - 8GB HBM2, full Vega 10 GPU
      • AMD Radeon RX Vega (TITAN Xp) - 16GB HBM2, dual full Vega 10 GPUs

amd-radeon-rx-vega-predictions-live-updates_06

• Re: AMD Radeon RX Vega Predictions
          black_zion

Prediction: I'll still be GPU limited with my Fury Nano until 2021 due to lack of Windows 8.1 drivers.

Actually, no RX Vega drivers, I'll be forced to jump to nVidia, first time I'll have touched Team Green since my first and only nVidia card. My God how garbage was the performance of this card...

Capture.jpg

gkeawe

Here's my prediction, AMD will launch only one strategically priced Vega GPU with a significantly larger memory bus width that will rock the very core of NVidia's line up, leaving everyone scratching their heads, then AMD will release yet another CPU line up all the while keeping intel on the ropes while pummeling them into submission while moving steadily forward into the mobile markets. AMD knows simplicity is key and will adjust to market demands on their own terms. NVidia stockholders will be dumping stocks as fast as they can.

bearcat22

What good is a bright shiny powerful vid card if there's no driver support or unstable drivers. And I'm talking about drivers than can be used for games and every day use, not just benchmarking.

Seems like a lot of people are chomping at the bit for AMD to release these cards. I'd sooner see them take their time and get it right. And by some "predictions" online unless they can get the clock speed up their still not going to have a high end GPU. But until their released it's all speculation.

1 of 1 people found this helpful