I have been having this issue for quite a while now. I short, any recent AMD graphics driver update disables my second cards graphics output.
- Card 1: AMD Radeon R9 280x (Driver 15.200.1062.1004 dated 8/3/2015) connected to main HP LP3065 monitor running at 2560x1600 via DVI
- Card 2: MSI Radeon HD 5450 (R5450-MD1GD3H/LP) (Driver is listed as same as the R9 card) connected to a secondary Samsung SA350 (HMDI) and a third Dell ST2310 (VGA connection) both at 1920x1080
- OS: Windows 10 pro 64 bit
- Motherboard: MSI X58 Platinum SLI LGA
- CPU: Intel Core i7-920 Bloomfield 2.66 GHz LGA 1366 BX80601920
- PSU Thermaltake toughpower W0103RU 600w ATX12v SLI Crossfire Certified
- Memory: 12gb Ballistix (3x4GB) PC3 12800 (BLT3KIT4G3D1608DT2TXOB)
The system is stable and performs well, with both cards performing as expected with the 15.200.1062.1004 driver version from 8/3/2015. The system reports both cards are working properly. These are obviously not in a crossfire setup or anything, I simply am using the R9 280x as the main gaming card and the cheaper HD 5450 drives 2 side monitors for office apps, internet, etc.
Upon updating the driver, regardless if windows does it automatically, or I run the AMD install (clean install or otherwise), the main R9 280x card continues to function, and I can attach the HDMI second display to it as well without issue, but the second card (HD 5450) fails to drive any monitors. The system will report that the HD 5450 is working properly, but any attempt to detect displays, unplug and re-plug in monitors, etc., will simply remain at a black screen for anything attached.
If the HD 5450 is simply no longer supported in this configuration, I can live with that and would certainly update the cheap card, but I would want to know what would work in this configuration before wasting time/money figuring that out.
Or, am I simply doing something wrong or is this simply no longer possible? I am at this point running an almost 2 year out of date driver.
Any feedback or suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thank you