Game keeps crashing to desktop with GPU saying it crashed and recovered

hentges
      • AMD RX 470
      • Desktop
      • Windows 7 64 Bit
      • Planar PX 2710 MW at 60 Hz connected through HDMI
      • ASUS M5 A99 FX Pro R2.0
      • AMD FX 8320
      • Thermaltake 750W (don't know exact model without taking apart case but I'm certain problem isn't the PSU)
      • 8 GB Ram

About 1 month ago my old GPU died so I replaced it with an AMD RX 470.  Installed that and began having issues with League of Legends randomly windowing to the desktop with me having no ability to do anything.  I could ctrl alt delete out and close the game and reconnect but it seemed like if it happened once it was going to happen multiple times.  No error would show when the crash occurred but if I looked in the event logs I would see this error whenever it happened:  Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.  I contacted League of Legends support who had me run a System File Checker which found errors in Windows so I did a new installation of Windows and continued having the same issues.

I suspected that maybe my motherboard was the issue as my ethernet port died shortly before this started happening and the PCI Adapter I had purchased to use instead also stopped working as well.  So I installed an ASUS A99FX Pro R2.0 and did another new install of Windows to again still have the same problem.  Also while doing this I thought I might as well try switching out my PSU as I had another anyway and it would eliminate that as a possible culprit.

Other tests I've run trying to diagnose the problem are FurMark which I let run for about 25 minutes and maxed out at 71C.  Also ran a checkdisk and memtest86 after installing the new motherboard which both came back fine as well. 

The GPU is fully up to date as is Windows.  It is not overclocked and the issue only seems to happen when I play LoL.  The only other games I really play consistently are Hearthstone and Minecraft so it is possible that LoL is the only game that is taxing enough to cause the issue but I don't think the problem is with LoL itself so I'm hoping you guys might be able to help because I've basically run out of ideas.