I checked the memory clock with the latest version of GPU-Z.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K
- RAM: DDR3 1333 8GB
- Motherboard: ASUS Z87-PRO / BIOS 2103
- Card: SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390X with Backplate
- Driver: Radeon Software Crimson Relive 17.5.1
- OS: Windows 10 64bit Pro 1607
- Monitor 1: DELL U2414H @59Hz DisplayPort
- Monitor 2: DELL U2414H @59Hz HDMI
- Monitor 3: DELL U2414H @59Hz DVI-HDMI
I forgot to take a screenshot, but if my memories are correct ( sorry I'm on 17.2.1 now) , "state 0" and "state 1" in wattman's memory clock column were strange in 17.5.1. The memory clock which should be displayed in the second column was displayed in the first column. In other words, "state 1" does not exist, only "state 0" exists.
sorry for my english.
Found the same thing a while ago, with my 290. After trying about everything, I found out that changing my desktop refresh rate back to 60Hz (from 59, which you also seem to have), returned the memory clocks back to normal on desktop. Don't know why the refresh was on 59Hz, though. Anyway, hope this helps!