5 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2017 10:58 AM by amdmatt

New AMD Driver Software - can't find the Color Changing, Saturation, Hue etc...

matanmn33

How can i find it? i used to change the colors in my computer so i can play games with sharpen colors...

The function was in the Additional Setting but now i can't find it.

Was this option removed?

Software's System info:

Radeon Settings Version - 2017.0424.2119.36535

Driver Packaging Version - 17.10.1731-170424a2-313745C-CrimsonReLive

Provider - Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

2D Driver Version - 8.1.1.1599

Direct3D® Version - 9.14.10.01261

OpenGL® Version - 6.14.10.13474

OpenCL™ Version - 22.19.162.4

AMD Mantle Version - 9.1.10.0189

AMD Mantle API Version - 102400

AMD Audio Driver Version - 10.0.1.1

Vulkan™ Driver Version - 1.5.0

Vulkan™ API Version - 1.0.39

AMD R9 390 / Radeon Software Version: 17.4.4

• Re: New AMD Driver Software - can't find the Color Changing, Saturation, Hue etc...
          esotericxa

With regard to these sort of controls: I am interested. and there are potentially two sides to the needs for video card controls especially for HTPC community.

So:

I have old AMD cards that works reasonably well in the sort of HTPC set up as in HDMI to Rotel decoder/controller (for the sound and source election) then onto TV.

Turn PC on and get 480P for the text part of the boot, then normally comes up at some resolution the TV can handle.

Usually 1080p and often at 24p or 60p

Then Using JRiver Media center, the whole set up usually switches to the refresh rate of the source material, which is ok because the TV does practically any refresh rate and type

and luckily the PC seems to be able to sense this even though the Rotel is in the middle and could potentially block the TV refresh capability info from being visible to the PC.

So this is good. Well really good for people with nearly pro level movie playing Monitor or TV and a controller to decode the 7.1 sound in the HDMI output.

However, There is a lot of capability in old AMD cards/CCC system that allow people to play with colour, de interlacing, aspect, overscan etc.

( overscan is essential for CRT's for those that still run them preferably a wide screen CRT.)

BUT: for people with non pro level video monitor gear, completely different story of what they want.

All of these ATI driver/CCC control for colour is fine or essential if your trying to play movies onto a PC screen that perhaps only supports 60hz, generally not 24p and has poor colour controls, hard to calibrate and so on and using the PC sound system to decode 7.1 which may or may not even be possible.

Very different target compared to a high end TV system.

So we have two completely different user segments or requirements in the HTPC market.

The high end people need a card that can directly pass though every thing (or perhaps selected things), with out touching it so that the sound can be finalised using the Rotel or whatever decoder controller and the final TV output is managed on the TV with its almost pro level colour controls.

I can see a case for high end wanting to turn on 10 bit colour depths or not, and perhaps Chroma subsampling settings??

or 16 to 235 vs 0 to 255 chroma levels.

But any colour settings, make calibrating the TV colour difficult if not impossible if it is being done on the TV with source material coming from the PC because those colours are amplified or mutes by the video card settings. one would think the "Default settings" would remove all interference perhaps.

I can also see the case for the guy trying to play a movie on a 60hz PC monitor or laptop monitor, and needing more controls to make it work and perhaps even to make it look reasonable. Another option he may have is to use the PC software to control the colour and de interlacing. VLC and JRiver have options for this. Once again, if these options are used it is then potentially impossible to do the correct fine tuning using the TV controls. VLC seems designed to play almost every thing to 60Hz in the limited time I spent looking at it. So not so good for a real TV perhaps. I could be wrong about that, but I could not find it in VLC. JRiver seems to have the option and it seems to work for me, to just pass through 24p or whatever the original source is to the TV.

These two requirements could perhaps be met using different user profiles, similar in some ways to the many game profiles now available.

Finally, the cards I am suing which have now joined the legacy collections,have TDPs of say 18W. The latest cards seem to have 120W and up?? What is going on. I thought CPU and GPU power consumption was going down?

• Re: New AMD Driver Software - can't find the Color Changing, Saturation, Hue etc...
            amdmatt

Yes Saturation was removed, alternative Display Color options are now available under Radeon Settings > Displays.

kingfish

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              kingfish

I use the work around found in this post. Basically I use the AMD controls from the 16.11.5 drivers with the newest graphics drivers for my card. It gives me the full "Additional Settings" with color control and DVI options.

Can't open Radeon Additional Settings...Part 3  A FIX !!

2 of 2 people found this helpful