2 Replies Latest reply on May 16, 2017 11:17 AM by xdfaisca

PC shuting down in cpu medium load

xdfaisca

I have recently changed from an old intel motherboard to a gaming amd one looking for some performance in gaming at a better price range and i have an old 500W PSU that i didn't change with the new motherboad and cpu the problem is that this motherboard have 8 pin atx cpu connectors and my PSU only have 4 pin connector, in the manual of the motherboard they explain that i can use both 8 pin or 4 pin but i think the cpu in use might need all 8 pins because when im in the middle of the games my pc shut down and start over again, my old cpu had a TDP of 55W and this one have 125, would like some help to see if the PSU is the problem, Thanks.

MB: Asus 970 Pro Gaming/Aura

CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Octa-Core 4.0GHz (not overclocked)

RAM: 8 GB DDR3 1600MHz

GPU: Geforce GT 630 2GB

Latest bios update

Windows 7 Ultimate 64

• Re: PC shuting down in cpu medium load
          spinalfailed

Replace the PSU.  They wear out with age especially if low quality to start with. So many people skimp on the PSU when it is literally the life blood of a PC.  It is responsible for controlling all the voltage requirements for extremely sensitive components.  Components that rarely enjoy voltage jumping all over the place!  People have no issue spending money on things like a CPU, GPU, or motherboard but often buy the lowest quality cheapest PSU they can because hey it says it is X wattage and that's more than enough for my build! 

1 of 1 people found this helpful