3 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2017 2:57 AM by palulukas

Some Crossfire questions

palulukas

Greetings everyone,

I recently built a "retro" (not quite old) pc with two HD5970s inside which use Crimson 16.2.1 (beta). Until now I only used normal 2way crossfire, especially within my gaming-pc (2x Fury X CF). I have a few questions about (quad-)crossfire technology. I hope someone can answer them.

1. Is Triple- and Quad Crossfire still officially supported?

2. Does Frame Pacing work with Triple- or Quad Crossfire

3. If so, when does the suport begin in driver versions?

4. Is it still possible to... edit existing "quadfire"-profiles within the driver to try to enable quadfire support for another game? (I remember that this method has been frequently used back in the HD3000, HD4000 days.

).

The last question adresses my current gaming-pc:

5. Every new released driver tells in its release notes that the performance has been raised for rx400/500 products in game "xy". Does AMD also improve for their current high-end cards, the R9 fury series, too?

That's all. I hope that someone can answer my questions and that they'll be some help for other people, thinking about building a quadfire-pc.

With kind regards

Palulukas

• Re: Some Crossfire questions
          ray_m

Upto Quad Crossfire is supported, however, the law of diminishing returns kicks in, so performance does not scale with each GPU added. Frame pacing will apply to all supported configurations.

The HD5000 series products have been moved to legacy status, no further driver updates will be released for them.

While performance testing is done on the latest products, products like the R9 Fury can expect to see some performance gains.

palulukas

Hello ray_m,

thank you for answering my questions but unfortunately some of your answers don't exactly answer my questions.

Is the Frame Pacing technology supported with the HD5000 series and if it is: is it supported for quad crossfire?

And how about question number four?

I am sorry for my stubborness but I didn't find the answers on the internet so my only hope leads to the "root".

Thank you in advance

With kind regards

Palulukas

palulukas

Hell again,

can't somebody answer my questions? I would really appreciate that.

Greetings

Palulukas