dutchoper72

Seriously? AMD Control center crashing for no reason....

Discussion created by dutchoper72 on May 11, 2017
Latest reply on Jul 15, 2017 by dutchoper72

Ok, so I'm pretty much pissed off. I have no idea what is causing me to crash in a number of games. It usually ends up with either freeze/black screen and AMD control center not working via going transparent. I have everything updated, even cleaned the computer out and on top of that did fresh reinstall of the Drivers Via DDU.

NOTHING has fixed my issue. No maxed resources, and no over heating plus I do not have anything overclocked. However most games end the same with crashing. Games that worked fine at one point, but now don't. Most of my resources stick around 60% - 70%. Not once has anything hit 100%.

These are my Specs

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

AMD Phenom II X6 1050T    36 °C

Thuban 45nm Technology

RAM

8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. M68MT-S2P (Socket M2)    45 °C

Graphics

E24-C1 (1920x1080@60Hz)

2236 (1920x1080@60Hz)

4096MB ATI Radeon RX 480 Graphics (XFX Pine Group)    56 °C

Storage

931GB Hitachi HDS721010CLA SCSI Disk Device (SATA)    36 °C

931GB Western Digital WDC WD10 EZEX-00BN5A0 SCSI Disk Device (SATA)    36 °C

930GB Western Digital WD My Book 1110 USB Device (USB (SATA))    36 °C

Optical Drives

HL-DT-ST BD-RE BH14NS40 SCSI CdRom Device

Audio

Realtek High Definition Audio

Power

700 W

The temps are idle. Once in-game the GPU will stick around 70 C and everything else will sit around 40 - 50 C depending on the game. I have hard killed any program that im not using and still this issue arises.

Games that are affected by this are

Earth Defense Force 4.1

Rocket league

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam

Strafe

Prey

Warfare Online

War Thunder

PayDay 2

Firewatch

Bayonetta

CS: GO

Ghost in the shell Stand alone complex First assault.

Mechwarrior online

Whats even more odd are, people that have my same CPU but they have Geforce cards are playing these games fine. So I thought maybe its the XFX Rx 480 card...yet games like Rainbow Six Siege on High settings works flawless, same with GTA V and Battlefield 1. I ruled out the faulty card as this issue only happens In-game. Every case that I have had ends up with the Control center crashing/going transparent. No game ever recovers video wise, but I get the audio. My memory checks out fine and my CPU is stable as I have ran tests on it.

I ran out of ideas as to what is causing this since everything on my end is checking out fine. Almost at the point of switching over to the Geforce cards as I hardly ever see them have issues.

Message was edited by: Ben VanDiest forgot power supply

Message was edited by: Ben VanDiest Reason: Added DXDiag

Attachments

Outcomes