8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2017 6:50 AM by ssawgift

Weird slow window update problem

ssawgift

I sometimes hate to post this kind of problem because I always hoped that the problem was just transient. But it has been lasting for several months or even more than one year, which I don't quite recall clearly.

It's like this. Many times for unknown reasons, window content is slow to update. For example, when I right click in Explorer, the menu is slow to update its content and I have to point cursor at a menu item to 'force' it to update. This problem appears to have some kind of relationship with ASUS GPU Tweaker because most the time the problem arose after I ran this tool or quit it.

• Re: Weird slow window update problem
          kingfish

Delete GPU tweak...third party programs like this can conflict with AMD settings.

INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

ssawgift

I cannot delete GPU Tweak because I have to rely on it to workaround another serious bug (GPU fan speed is fixed and causes very high temperature).

kingfish

Furnish as much as you can...

Providing the information below will get you a faster response from the community.

Describe your system:

• AMD Graphics Card
                    • Make and model; e.g. AMD R9 290X
                  • Desktop or Laptop System
                    • If a laptop, make and model of the Laptop
                  • Operating System
                    • E.g. Windows 10 64bit
                  • Driver version installed
                    • E.g. Radeon Software Crimson Edition 15.12
                  • Display Devices
                    • Make and model, connection/adapter in use, resolution and refresh rate; e.g. Samsung UE32850R 3840x2160 @60Hz Active DP to HDMI adapter
                    • One line for each display device connected
                  • Motherboard
                    • Make and model; e.g. Asus P8P67 Deluxe
                  • CPU/APU
                    • Make and model number; e.g. FX 9590
                  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
                    • E.g. Thermaltake TR2 700W Gold
                  • RAM
                    • Amount of memory installed; e.g. 16GB

Describe your issue:

• Provide a detailed description of the issue you are experiencing and the steps required to reproduce the issue.
                  • Details about applications/games affected (including version number)
                  • Graphical settings used in the application/game (resolution and 3D settings)
                  • If possible, include a screenshot or video link of the issue