7 Replies Latest reply on May 17, 2017 7:46 AM by amdmatt

RX 580: Blackscreen/no input when the driver is installed [Windows 10]

nalaw003

Hello

bought a new Gigabyte RX 580 AORUS. I used DDU to clean the NVidia driver in safe mode, restarted PC and installed new card with DVI connected to the card.

When I install the graphics driver (tried latest 2 on AMD site and one from Gigabyte), my monitor turns black (no signal) as the Display driver is being installed. when I switch my DVI to the MOBO, I get signal back, but of course, I cannot open the AMD settings anymore. So would I go into safe mode, and I try to open the driver software, the error I get is "no AMD driver is installed or the AMD driver is not functioning properly..etc"

a fiend of mine went in using TeamViewer to check if there is any thing at all on the screen, and it apparently is showing him the desktop at the lowest resolution only, and the resolution is grayed out and he could not change any of the settings of the AMD panel.

I tried updating my BIOS and using default settings. I also reinstalled windows 10. Mobo is Asrock Z77 Extreme4, PSU is HX750.

any ideas? Thank you