3 Replies Latest reply on May 11, 2017 9:36 AM by gigabytes

Ryzen 5 1500x fail

ahmadabubshait

Hi, I have got an amd ryzen 5 1500x and a msi b350 gaming pro motherboard. When I first started the pc the cpu debug led has turned on. I haven't seen the bios or any thing on the screen. I have removed the cpu and installed it again but same thing happened. In the motherboard manual it says that the cpu debug led means that the cpu is not detected or failed. I don't know what the problem is. Please help.

• Re: Ryzen 5 1500x fail
          randa71

which ram do you have? are yours sticks compatible with your motherboard? i ask you because with my first ryzen approach with an asus b350 plus, machine never booted (no bios screen) till then i've changed my ram with another type and model...

ahmadabubshait

I am using a corsair vengeance lpx 8 gb (1x8) 2400 ram. I don't know if it is compatible. But in the Msi site it says that I have to use both of the slots. But I am using only one slot. I don't know if this matter. But the ram debug led isn't on.

gigabytes

I have heard that some of the early motherboards came with the wrong bios (not sure which ones), if I recall what I read the bios shipped on some boards was a bios for a Ryzen APU. This APU bios would not post with a normal Ryzen in it. Not saying this is your issue but your mobo packaging should tell you what bios the board was shipped with and doing some google fu may net you some results.