AnsweredAssumed Answered

Last two AMD drivers causing Video crashes on HD 7850

Question asked by elstaci on May 8, 2017
Latest reply on May 10, 2017 by elstaci

Since the last two or three latest amd drivers to come out, My video has crashed while watching videos or playing Hidden Object games intermittently. Each time I need to do a Hard reboot to get my video back. I decided to uninstall the 17.5.1 and reinstall the first amd driver for the Creator's version of Windows 10 (17.4.3) to see if the problem reoccurs. Also I took a glance at Event Viewer and I found many critical or warnings concerning the graphic driver or hardware. One common warning was the graphics was being overloaded. I also have intermittent BSOD with System exception. But I believe that was caused by Mcafee Antivirus which I uninstalled today. But It could also be the amd driver since it BSOD at start up. Today (5/9/17), the video crashed again. Uninstalled the first driver compatible with Windows Creator's Update and reinstalled the one before it.

I have an Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gen 2.0 , Visiontek HD 7850 graphics card, 16 gb of Corsair ddr3 ram, AMD fx 8350 - 8 core cpu, and 850 corsair Power supply with an Acer HD monitor connected via HDMI to an Onkyo Receiver. Forgot to mention I have Windows 10 Pro (1511 version).

I did open a Bug report with AMD but decided to post here also since I couldn't attach a photo of the video crash.

Attach is a photo of how my video looks after it crashes>

Attachments

Outcomes