mjpbmp

Green Fury

Discussion created by mjpbmp on May 8, 2017
Latest reply on May 26, 2017 by ajlueke

Description

This is my Ryzen rig that came into being with the CPU, mother board and memory bought for a birthday present by my father.  The rest I put together.  Absolutely the best machine I have ever owned.

IMG_0785.JPG

My father sent me a refurbished EK Extreme 360 Starter Liquid Cooling Kit that he was not going to use.  I installed it but the motherboard needed to be replaced so it is currently still sitting standby.

When my father bought the motherboard he was going to get my first choice which was the Asus Crosshair Hero, but it was out of stock in most places and only a few retailers trying to sell it for over $100 over normal retail.  He then ordered an Asus Prime board that also was out of stock and to be backordered if he went through with the order.  He cancelled it and bought the MSI Titanium.  The memory is not on the boards tested list and should never be at this point.  It will only run at 2133 speed.  Anything higher and the BIOS goes nuts.

IMG_0784.JPG.png

The main thing I do like about this board are the two M.2 slots.  I had the PCIe 2.0 x4 M.2 SSD in my old FX8370 system and that migrated over to this system.  I bought the Samsung and WD Blue for this system.  That Samsung is very fast.  I am not sure why the Disc Drive 3 in the form did not fill out.  It is a 1TB WD Blue SATA 3.0 SSD and is used as my main storage drive.  The Samsung is hosting my OS, which is Windows 10 Pro, games and programs.  The Kingston M.2 is housing all my documents and libraries.

IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0870.JPG

Without further ado...  Green Fury, System MP:  Mondo Pagoda, Ryzen Star... 

Specifications

CPUR7 1800X
CoolerCorsair H100i v2
MotherboardMSI X370 XPower Titanium
Memory16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000
Graphics2 MSI Radeon RX 470 GAMING X in Crossfire
Disc Drive 1512GB Samsung 960 Pro PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD
Disc Drive 2240GB Kingston HyperX Predator M.2 PCIe 2.0 x4 SSD
Disc Drive 3{drive3}
PSUCorsair RM1000x
CasePhanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered Glass - Grey
MonitorLG 34" 21:9 UltraWide® QHD IPS Curved LED Monitor (34" Diagonal) 34UC88