Describe your system:
- AMD Graphics Card
- AMD Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition
AMD Graphics Chipset
- AMD Radeon R7 200 Series
- Desktop or Laptop System
- Operating System
- Windows 10 64bit
- Driver version installed
- Radeon Software Crimson (ReLive?) 17.4.4
- Display Devices
- BenQ GW2255
- Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
- OctalCore AMD FX-8300, 4220 MHz (21 x 201)
- Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
- Thermaltake Hamburg 530w
- 16352 MB (DDR3 SDRAM)
Describe your issue:
- The fan of the video card is not spinning continuously, it only starts to spin when the temperature reaches critical levels. However this is not directly tied to temperature alone, I have downloaded a program from a Sapphire support site called: Sapphire TRIXX, with this I can set the fan to automatic, fixed, or custom.I played with the fan speed controller and noticed, that the fan always turns on when I slide the setting to 77% or past it (up to 100%).
If I set it to 77% or higher, I am able to slowly decrease the speed incrementally (by moving only 1% at a time), but it stops altogether at 67%.
If I just jump from 77% to 67% it stops suddenly, so it only works if I do this incrementally.
However under 77% it never spins automatically, not even when the system tells me (from TRIXX, Aida64 or Crimson) that it is currently running on 20% or 40%.
So somehow the system thinks that my fan runs on those speeds, when actually it turns on much later, at higher speeds.
This is a problem because I am worried that in the long run this will kill or burn the graphics card.
Also it is a bit annoying because when it turns on it is really loud.
I would like to achieve a stable, constant 20% or 40% for fan speed, not 0% what I currently have.
Thanks for any answers.