• Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Crimson (ReLive?) 17.4.4
  • Display Devices
    • BenQ GW2255
  • Motherboard
    • Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P
  • CPU/APU
    • OctalCore AMD FX-8300, 4220 MHz (21 x 201)
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Thermaltake Hamburg 530w
  • RAM
    • 16352 MB  (DDR3 SDRAM)

Describe your issue:

• The fan of the video card is not spinning continuously, it only starts to spin when the temperature reaches critical levels. However this is not directly tied to temperature alone, I have downloaded a program from a Sapphire support site called: Sapphire TRIXX, with this I can set the fan to automatic, fixed, or custom.I played with the fan speed controller and noticed, that the fan always turns on when I slide the setting to 77% or past it (up to 100%).

If I set it to 77% or higher, I am able to slowly decrease the speed incrementally (by moving only 1% at a time), but it stops altogether at 67%.

If I just jump from 77% to 67% it stops suddenly, so it only works if I do this incrementally.

However under 77% it never spins automatically, not even when the system tells me (from TRIXX, Aida64 or Crimson) that it is currently running on 20% or 40%.

So somehow the system thinks that my fan runs on those speeds, when actually it turns on much later, at higher speeds.

This is a problem because I am worried that in the long run this will kill or burn the graphics card.

Also it is a bit annoying because when it turns on it is really loud.

I would like to achieve a stable, constant 20% or 40% for fan speed, not 0% what I currently have.

Thanks for any answers.

Outcomes